SmarterMail users can sync their email to the iPhone or iPad’s Mail app by configuring an IMAP account. With an IMAP account, you will create a two-way sync between SmarterMail and the device, where all emails folders are synced. This means that when you log into the SmarterMail Web interface, actions you performed within the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad will automatically appear in the Web interface, and vice versa.
Follow these steps to configure a SmarterMail IMAP connection on an iPhone or iPad:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords and tap Add Account. (If you’re using iOS 10.3.3 or earlier, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and tap Add Account.)
- Tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account. Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.
- If Mail can’t find your email settings, then you need to enter them manually. On the IMAP tab, enter the information below
- The Hostname is mail.interactivepalette.com.
- For the Username, be sure to enter your full SmarterMail address.
- The Password is the same password used to access webmail.
- Then tap Next.
- If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish. (If the email settings are incorrect, you’ll be asked to edit them. To troubleshoot a failed connection, please contact your SmarterMail hosting provider.)
Once the IMAP account has been established, your SmarterMail email folders will begin syncing to the Mail app, and you’ll have a two-way sync between your device and SmarterMail account.
Troubleshooting email sending
- Select SMTP under OUTGOING MAIL SERVER.
- Make sure the SMTP SERVER you created is turned ON.
- Make sure that AUTHENTICATION is set to Password.
- Make sure SERVER PORT is set to 587.
- You USERNAME and PASSWORD must be filled out. Your USERNAME is always your full email address.